Episode 7: The Rain of Monte Cristo (Part 1)
From Tears of Themis Wiki
Episode 7: The Rain of Monte Cristo (Part 1)
What is the truth behind the Burkes' murder?
And how is Simon Bloodworth's death connected to the murder case? How will NXX's investigation progress from now on?
- Hammer PhotoA photo of the murder weapon dug up along with the bodies of Edwin Burke and Jade Burke.
- Apartment Building Entrance Surveillance FootageThe surveillance footage of the apartment building entrance at Roseyal Manors obtained from the police.
- Nature Park Entrance Surveillance FootageThe surveillance footage of the nature park entrance obtained from the police.
- Edwin Burke and Jade Burke's Autopsy ReportThe official autopsy report for the Burke couple that contains information related to their cause of death.
- Police Investigation ResultsA summary of the police investigation results for the murder of the Burke couple, including details about the case, evidence, the victims' movements, and the suspect's information.
- Jun's Testimony IThis is Jun Choi's first testimony with his personal information, how he met Irene Burke, his relationship with Caroline Argall, what he thinks about Edwin Burke, and what happened on the day of the crime.
- Bar PhotoA photo of the bar at the crime scene.
- Moon OrnamentA photo of the moon ornament displayed on the TV cabinet.
- Sofa Cushion PhotoA photo of the sofa cushion at the crime scene.
- SuitcasesThe two suitcases found at the crime scene belonged to Edwin Burke and Jade Burke.
- ToolkitA toolbox found at the crime scene that contained the murder weapon, a hammer.
- Footage of Simon Bloodworth's MurderA video recording Jun Choi murdering Simon Bloodworth.
- Irene Burke's identity at HeirsonWhen Tyson Turner fell ill, Irene Burke took over his duties at Heirson. She has an excellent relationship with Tyson Turner.
- Relationship between Jun Choi and Irene BurkeJun Choi and Irene Burke are fiance and fiancee. Jun Choi is the prime suspect in the murder of the Burke couple, who is the adoptive parents of Irene Burke.
- Relationship between Jun Choi and Tyson TurnerSince the start of this year, Tyson Turner has been in close contact with Jun Choi of Brosco Pharmaceutical. It might be because Tyson Turner wants Brosco Pharmaceutical to produce their independent drug.
- Common interestsCaroline Argall and Jun Choi are important business partners. The 5% that Jun Choi owns will be critical in deciding whether or not Caroline Argall becomes CEO.
- Jun Choi's equitiesJun Choi's family were early investors in Rexing Property. Currently, Jun Choi owns 5% of the company and has a seat on the board of directors.
- The fight for Rexing Property CEOCaroline Argall's father has three children. Her elder brother has been arrested, so the next in line for CEO would either be Caroline Argall or her elder sister.
- Edwin Burke and Jade Burke's cause of deathThe police autopsy report revealed that the two victims were dosed unconscious with G24D. Afterwards, they were struck in the back of the head, dying from internal bleeding.
- Fingerprints on the murder weaponThe police discovered Jun Choi's fingerprints on the back of the hammer's handle, which was the murder weapon.
- Forced adoptive careCaroline Argall claimed that after she and Tyson Turner divorced, her father pressured her into letting the Burkes adopt Irene Burke.
- Irene Burke's biological parentsIrene Burke's biological parents are Tyson Turner and Caroline Argall.
- Irene's relationship with CarolineCaroline Argall claimed that she and Irene Burke were on good terms, frequently talking on the phone and taking vacations together.
- Presumed body disposal methodThe surveillance footage shows Jun Choi leaving the apartment building at 11:00PM and arriving at the natural park at 11:30PM. The police speculate he disposed of the bodies there.
- Presumed time of deathBased on the circumstances, the medical examiner estimated Edwin and Jade Burke's time of death to be around 10:00PM on January 28th.
- Source of the unique drugCurrently, there is only one shop under Brosco Pharmaceutical that sells G24D. The police believe Jun Choi obtained the drug through special means.
- Floor layoutIrene Burke, Jun Choi, and the victims lived on floors 12, 11, and 10 respectively in the same apartment building.
- Hidden messageWhen Edwin and Jade Burke adopted Irene, they didn't go through the proper procedures, probably because they wanted to keep Irene's real identity a secret.
- Irene's relationship with her adoptive parentsAccording to sources, Irene Burke had a good relationship with her adoptive parents, especially Jade Burke whom she resembles a lot.
- Jade Burke's final movementsOn the night of the crime, the security guard claimed he saw Jade Burke leaving the apartment building at 9:00PM, returning 45 minutes later.
- Jun Choi's presumed method of crimeIt is speculated that Jun Choi brought food dosed with G24D to knock the victims unconscious. After which, he dragged them onto the floor, covered their heads with the sofa cushion, and viciously bashed their heads in.
- Presumed motive for the crimeJun Choi got into many arguments with the Burke couple over the bride price. He might have held a grudge and plotted their murder.
- Unique woundsBased on the victims' wounds, the murderer viciously struck the victims several times, presumably out of extreme fear or anger.
- How Jun Choi and Irene Burke metIrene Burke accompanied Caroline Argall to a party where the two met. Caroline Argall told him at the start that she was Tyson Turner's daughter.
- Intentional arrangementJun Choi and Irene Burke's meeting was far from an accident. Caroline Argall planned it intentionally.
- Marriage taken advantage ofCaroline Argall used Irene Burke to strengthen her "partnership" with Jun Choi.
- Suspicious adoptionPerhaps Caroline Argall wasn't forced to give up Irene Burke. There's more to the story.
- Serial number of the toolbox in Apartment 1001One of the tools in the toolbox is missing. All the tools are also labeled with the same serial number "No.21."
- Surveillance coverage around Apartment 1001You won't be captured by the floor surveillance if you use the fire escape. But you'll definitely be captured by the surveillance at the entrance.
- The uniqueness of Apartment 1001's locationThe Burkes lived in Apartment 1001 in the furthest corner of the 10th floor. It is a blind spot in the surveillance coverage, with a nearby fire escape.
|Stage Name||Stage Type||Stage Cost||Attribute||Recommended Power|
|Main Story 07-01||Story||AP x10 (First-Time Cost)|
|Main Story 07-02||Debate||AP x10||Intuition||91,189|
|Main Story 07-03||Story||AP x10 (First-Time Cost)|
|Main Story 07-04||Debate||AP x10||Empathy||94,284|
|Main Story 07-05||Story||AP x10 (First-Time Cost)|
|Main Story 07-06||Debate||AP x10||Logic||97,405|
|Main Story 07-07||Story||AP x10 (First-Time Cost)|
|Main Story 07-08||Debate||AP x10||Empathy||100,556|
|Main Story 07-09||Story||AP x10 (First-Time Cost)|
|Main Story 07-10||Debate||AP x10||Empathy||103,884|
|Main Story 07-11||Story||AP x10 (First-Time Cost)|
|Main Story 07-12||Debate||AP x10||Empathy||107,013|
|Main Story 07-13||Story||AP x10 (First-Time Cost)|
|Main Story 07-14||Debate||AP x10||Logic||109,493|
|Main Story 07-15||Story||AP x10 (First-Time Cost)|
|Main Story 07-16||Debate||AP x10||Intuition||112,978|
|Main Story 07-17||Story||AP x10 (First-Time Cost)|
|Main Story 07-18||Debate||AP x10||Logic||112,978|
|Main Story 07-19||Story||AP x10 (First-Time Cost)|
- Heirson's inventory records
- The fight for Rexing Property CEO + Jun Choi's equities
- Hidden message + How Jun Choi and Irene Burke met
- Common interests + Intentional arrangement
- Forced adoptive care + Marriage taken advantage of
Episode Clear Rewards
- Tears of Themis x1
- Stellin x10,000
- Oracle of Justice IV x10