Episode 5: Sins of Cynicism (Part 2)
As the investigation progresses, clues from news reporter Jasmine Kenders' case point towards Opaline Village...
What kind of truth will be found at the bottom of this haystack?
An old man with questionable behavior, a secretive village chief, and reticent villagers...
A beautiful mountainside view, now shrouded by a fog of mystery. What are their agendas?
A seemingly accidental car crash is covered in contradictions.
As the spotlight expands beyond the scene of the crime, important clues begin to emerge, awaiting their discovery.
- Admission Appeal ResponseThe response letter to Ian Johnson's letter of appeal after his application to Stellis University was rejected.
- Car Service RecordsRecords of a cancellation for brake pad replacement service.
- CryptexA cryptex replica from The Da Vinci Code, found in Hugh's toy chest.
- Date-Marked Desk CalendarA calendar from last year left on the sofa with Sept 12th marked.
- Gift Hair ClipA hairpin that was left in the packaging at Jasmine Kenders' home. The card attached indicates it was given to her by Iker Lance.
- Notebook with Missing PagesJasmine's notebook with two pages ripped out.
- Opaline River Pollution Investigation ReportThe Opaline River Pollution Investigation Report issued by the EPA. It analyzes the source of the water's contamination.
- Stellis News Funding ProposalA memory card that only contains Stellis News' funding proposal for Q4.
- Strange DrawingA painting of what seems like codes drawn by crayons. There is a picture of Jasmine and a serial number on the back.
- Termination ContractJasmine's termination contract from Stellis News.
- Jasmine's Car Accident ReportThe examination report for the cause of Jasmine Kenders' car accident.
- Jasmine's Forensic ReportThe official autopsy report for Jasmine Kenders that contains information related to her cause of death.
- Yvonne's TestimonyTestimony of Iker Lance's wife, it contains information about the water contamination reparation, Irvin Soong and her own whereabouts on Sept 12th, Hans Weller's family background, and whether she knows Hugh.
- Ian's Testimony IThe testimony of the Forestry Testing researcher Ian Johnson that contains the reason for his resentment of Jasmine Kenders.
- Photo of Ian's IOUA photo of Ian Johnson's IOU for the money that Jasmine Kenders lent him.
- Difficulty of Testing for NXXTesting for NXX is extremely difficult. Currently, there are only a couple of top tier facilities, including Pax Pharmaceutical and Crimson Biotech, that are capable of doing it.
- Hairpin GifterBased on the attached card, the gift was sent by someone named Iker Lance. His relationship with Jasmine Kenders is unknown.
- Hans' Brake Pad Service ReceiptHans Weller cancelled his appointment to replace his car's brake pads on Sept 15th of last year.
- Hugh's BirthdayA desk calendar with Huey's birthday circled: September 12.
- Hugh's BrandThere is a "03" burn mark on Hugh's arm.
- Hugh's Health StatusHugh is much skinnier than kids at his age. It is speculated drugs affected his growth development.
- Jasmine's Forensic ReportAccording to the forensic report, Jasmine's cause of death was falling off a cliff. There were no abnormalities besides a laceration wound on the head.
- Jasmine's License PlateJasmine Kenders' car, produced by Pax Motors, was a white SUV with the license plate "VD3F046".
- Laptop Purchase InfoThe laptop that Jasmine Kenders bought for Hugh is a V-3010 from Pax Electronics. It was the newest model in the summer of last year.
- NXX's Toxic EffectsNXX affects a person's hormone secretion and mental state. In severe cases, it affects physical development and causes irreversible damage to the nervous system and internal organs.
- Opaline Fish Growth AbnormalitiesJasmine's press release stated that Heirson illegally dumped waste and poisoned the Opaline River, causing abnormal growth and death for large numbers of Opaline Fish.
- Opaline Village Lab SuspicionsBased on the abnormal situation with Opaline fish, it is speculated that their lab at Opaline Village may be Heirson's base of operations for illegal drug research.
- Package's Delivery TimeThis still sealed package contains a hairpin. The delivery time was Sept 5th of last year, after Jasmine Kenders lost the case.
- Hugh's HistoryJasmine Kenders met Hugh at the Opaline Village, but he wasn't from there. Nobody knew anything about him until bits and pieces of his background was revealed later on.
- Brake Pad WearOnly one brake pad is worn and needed replacing. All the other ones were relatively fine.
- Hans' WorkJudging from his appearance, it's been some time since Hans Weller went into the fields. He probably spends more time drinking with clients, trying to get on their good side.
- Heirson Fitness TrackerEven though Heirson was always suspected of contaminating Opaline River, Hans Weller is still wearing a smart health band with the Heirson logo.
- Accident CompensationHans Weller said they received compensation money from the paper mill for the contamination.
- Affected Opaline FisheriesThe water contamination was devastating to the Opaline fish population.
- Hans Weller's Pollution SuspectHans Weller believed the source of the water contamination is the paper mill, not Heirson lab.
- Hans' New CarIn August of last year, Hans Weller switched out his old white SUV with the license plate VH0G061 for a black sedan.
- Hans' Unfamiliarity with HughHans Weller claimed he has never met Hugh and said he isn't from the Opaline Village.
- Irvin's Whereabouts on Sept. 12Hans Weller said Irvin Soong lives alone so his whereabouts are unknown. He's unsure of whether he was in the village that day.
- Laboratory's Operating StatusHans Weller said that the Heirson lab had to stop their production to avoid suspicion because Jasmine insisted they had something to do with the contamination.
- Reason For Hurried DepartureHans Weller said Jasmine Kenders was in a hurry to leave on Sept 12th to celebrate someone's birthday and was unable to meet up with Irvin Soong.
- River Water PurificationHans Weller claimed the EPA cleaned the water once the source of the contamination was confirmed to be the paper mill.
- The Wellers' Exorbitant SpendingVillagers in the Opaline Village aren't wealthy by any means with the exception of Hans Weller.
- Village VisitorHans Weller said besides the typical tourists, there were no other visitors on Sept 12th.
- Hans Protecting HeirsonHeirson probably provides Hans Weller with long-term economic benefits, which is the reason why he's protecting them.
- Hans Recognizes HughHans Weller was aware of Jasmine Kenders' every visit to the Opaline Village. He must have seen Hugh Grant before.
- Hans' Son's JobHans Weller's son works at a pharmacy owned by Heirson.
- Opaline River Water QualityThe current water quality is not suitable for the Opaline fish, but it also isn't sufficient evidence to prove that Heirson lab is responsible for the water contamination.
- Details on Jasmine's InjuriesYvonne saw Jasmine Kenders' car hit the railing, but she thought it wasn't serious even though Jasmine stumbled out of her car with blood on her forehead.
- Ian's HallucinogensIan Johnson had been secretly developing a new hallucinogen. He's now under arrest.
- Prison Cell NumberingThe cells in the Heirson lab are numbered 1 to 4 on the doors controlled electronically.
|Stage Name||Stage Type||Stage Cost||Attribute||Recommended Power|
|Main Story 05-14||Story||AP x10 (First-Time Cost)|
|Main Story 05-15||Debate||AP x10||Logic||27,669|
|Main Story 05-16||Story||AP x10 (First-Time Cost)|
|Main Story 05-17||Debate||AP x10||Intuition||29,277|
|Main Story 05-18||Story||AP x10 (First-Time Cost)|
|Main Story 05-19||Debate||AP x10||Empathy||33,321|
|Main Story 05-20||Story||AP x10 (First-Time Cost)|
|Main Story 05-21||Debate||AP x10||Logic||34,655|
|Main Story 05-22||Story||AP x10 (First-Time Cost)|
|Main Story 05-23||Debate||AP x10||Empathy||36,489|
|Main Story 05-24||Story||AP x10 (First-Time Cost)|
|Main Story 05-25||Debate||AP x10||Logic||38,357|
|Main Story 05-26||Story||AP x10 (First-Time Cost)|
|Main Story 05-27||Debate||AP x10||Empathy||37,823|
|Main Story 05-28||Story||AP x10 (First-Time Cost)|
- Hans Weller
- [Affected Opaline Fisheries] + [River Water Purification]
- [Hugh's History] + [Hans' Unfamiliarity with Hugh]
- [Hans Weller's Pollution Suspect] + [Laboratory's Operating Status]
- [The Wellers' Exorbitant Spending] + [Accident Compensations]
Episode Clear Rewards
- Tears of Themis x1
- Stellin x10,000
- Oracle of Justice IV x10