Villa Courtyard: Ink Study 5 (Yibian)
- Stage Cost: None
- First Clear Rewards: Holly Stationery x1200 (Clear), S-Chip x10
- Unlock Condition: Obtain keys: Yang Fish Pendant (Ink Study 2) and Yin Fish Pendant (Labyrinth Pavilion 2)
- Hover to view spoiler content.
Items of interest
- Clear conditions: Unlock 1 exit mechanism
- Silk Pouches: 1
Door code guide
This puzzle brings back the Nine Palaces grid from Ink Study 2 and uses it to associate numbers with certain objects for the door code.
MC's half (top):
- Clue 1: Multiple reminders to find our notes of the 3x3 grid of Nine Palaces/Eight Trigrams from Villa Courtyard: Ink Study 2 (Qiankun).
- Clue 2: Points out four important objects in the room: A black chess piece, a white chess piece, a jade yin fish pendant, and a marble yang fish pendant.
- Clue 3: Solve the mechanical lock to discover a yin fish pendant with a "5" on its back.
- Clue 4: Solve the mechanical lock to discover a yang fish pendant with a "9" on its back.
Male lead's half (bottom):
- Clue 5: Notes the position of the white chess piece in the Nine Palaces grid.
- Note: Actual English text currently contains an error and says this piece is "near the center." The correct clue, as seen in other languages, should place it at the bottom center.
- Clue 6: Notes the position of the black chess piece in the Nine Palaces grid (center).
|Xun = 4||Li = 9||Kun = 2|
|Zhen = 3||5||Dui = 7|
|Gen = 8||Kan = 1||Qian = 6|
- The black piece is at the center, which we see is 5.
- The white piece is at the bottom center, which we see is 1.
- The yin fish has a 5 on its back.
- The yang fish has a 9 on its back.
The goal in these puzzles is to draw two paths through each grid such that every square is drawn through, the Red "Starts" are connected to the Red "Ends," and the Black "Starts" are connected to the Black "Ends." There are many ways to solve these puzzles; one solution for each is available above in case of difficulty.
Jade Plate Lock
The goal in this puzzle is to rotate the rings such that there is an unbroken line from the pearl at the top to the pearl in the center. It's recommended to start this puzzle from the outer ring as movement in some of the outer rings will also disturb the inner rings.